With only five days until the big day, it’s completely natural that Christmas is everywhere you look at the moment. Here in London, the streets and public transport are busier than ever as shoppers hustle to buy things in time. To be truthful, it’s both incredible and highly stressful in Central London at the moment. For the most part I’ve tried to keep away from the chaos of Christmas party season by nestling up with a blanket, books and cups of tea on the sofa in my apartment.
I’ve been doing my best to get into the festive spirit by filling my weekends with old Christmas films such as my all-time favourite, A Muppets Christmas Carol, as well as some baking and gift knitting. As a result of this immersive seasonal behaviour, my first Small Things post will be fit to bursting with festive cheer.
Scroll on down to revel in the amazing colours and pleasures that this time of year has brought my way….
- I’m now onto my second of these wonderful reusable bubble bars from Lush. | 2. I don’t have a Christmas tree but I really love getting lost in red & gold theme on my boyfriends grandmothers. | 3. Sometimes all you need is a chilled glass of bubbles and a steaming hot bubble bath. The Nyetimber Classic Cuvée I’m holding was a great find by Alec. | 4. I’m super excited to start using my new blog planner in the new year. | 5. Back in October, I made my own mincemeat. I’m looking forward to feedback! | 6. Winter plants bring in such jolly bursts of colour this time of year.
- How to make a Cinnamon Roll Christmas Wreath
- Fed up of traditional yule log already? This Baked Alaska version looks amazing!
- Bleached pine cones make an unusual DIY Christmas decoration. Cupcakes & Crinoline show you how.
- Find something new to drink this evening in this Holiday-themed Cocktail Guide.
- Hot Chocolate? Check. Hazelnuts? Check. It’s Nutella Hot Chocolate. Yum.
- The Treat Girl’s pattern for Santa Claus mittens is absolutely adorable.
- Not quite ready for Christmas desserts? The Happy Foodie’s Salted Caramel Cheesecake is a must try.
- Alternatively, In Good Taste’s gin-laced twist on Apple & Blackberry Pie looks divine. Serve with more gin (to drink).
- Sandra’s colourful crochet Christmas Trees are both adorable and quick to make. Christmas tree bunting, anyone?
- Red Velvet Fudge. Oh my god *drools*.
- Check out the amazing photographs from Carrie’s festive visit to Disneyland. I’m so jealous!
7. My 50mm camera lens has been great for taking low-light shots of festive decorations. | 8. Peckish? I’ve developed the perfect Gingerbread cookie recipe. | 9. Revelling in the lush smell of The White Company’s ‘Winter’ candle whilst nibbling on chocolate. | 10. My ginger cat likes to show us how to relax. | 11. My bright granny square crochet blanket in progress! | 12. Slowly making my way through the bottle of Hendricks my parents bought back from their holiday.
- Lucy’s crochet decorations never fail to impress me at any time of year, but I particularly adore her Advent Wreath and bunting.
- I have serious wanderlust provoked by Rosie’s Vineyard & Spa adventures in Napa, California.
- Christmas socks alert! Rowan are giving away a great pattern for Fair Isle socks. Maybe one day I’ll be brave enough to try it out.
- Have your fairy light bulbs blown? Why not crochet a strand instead?
- Because our cats play football with them , I’m always finding old wine corks around the house at Christmas. Usually, they’re attached to string but here’s some ideas on how you can make them into quirky decorations.
- I think I’m going to capitalise on my excess of books by arranging them into a Christmas tree. Maybe then I’ll stop tripping over them…
What has everyone else been enjoying as we move closer to Christmas?